Chapter 23 Is Dramatically Over Budget

Me: Chapter 23... First, wow. You don't believe in pulling punches, do you?

23: Could have been worse. There were definitely more hurtful ways that scene at the bar could have gone.

Me: True. Thank you for your restraint. While drama is fun and all, I appreciate you not allowing the characters to forget they have hearts and brains, not just a talent for theatrics.

23: So you're happy with me?

Me: For the most part, yes. But, have you seen your numbers?

23: You're referencing my word count?

Me: Yeah. So, you're over 6k.Which makes you our longest chapter by about a thousand words.

23: Are you going to split me in two? Or cut some of me? Because of both of those seem like they'd hurt.

Me: Not to be glib, but if creating a novel doesn't hurt at least a little, you're probably doing it wrong.

23: I wish I'd been born a short story.

Comments