Chapter 22 Thinks It Rocks

Chapter 22: I'm awesome, aren't I? I mean, that was basicially perfect drama right there. Although it would have been better if you'd let me keep that stuff you cut and rewrote in the second scene.

Me: You are aware that you're in the last act, yes? Because the stuff you're referring to, which you were trying to add even though it wasn't outlined, would mean there's no way the story would be wrapped up in the six chapters following you.

22: That sounds more like a problem with Chapters 23-28 than with me.

Me: Not really, no.

22: I don't know what you're complaining about. You deleted the seven hundred words you thought were causing an issue and added seven hundred other words to replace them.

Me: That is true.

22: Also, weren't you just telling The Outline that the stuff you were putting in 23 was getting the axe? So that frees up an entire chapter. And my detour would have only taken two chapters, tops. So it really wouldn't have been all that bad.

Me: It would have kept the subplot that I desperately want to tie up going for longer. That subplot has been trying to take over since it was introduced. I'm frankly considering killing it alltogether in the next draft.

22: But that would remove all of my content.

Me: YES.

22: You don't have to do that. I'll be good.

Me: See that you are.

Comments