Act II Wants Attention Again

Act II: Um... Andy? It's been a while without feedback again.

Me: Oh, Yeah. Been kind of a weird... however long it's been. Bring in Chapters 16-20 and we can chat.

16: We already talked. You called me mean.

Me: Riiiiiight... You can go, then. 17, any concerns?

17: Not really.

Me: Alright. Well, I loved the way the scene with Yuri's prickly boss went. I liked her. And good job showing how awful Vil's Grandmother is. Her, I hate. Chapter 18?

18: I'm guess you're going to say that I was mean to Vil.

Me: I probably would have if I hadn't seen 19 yet. 19 is down right cruel to poor guy.

19: I agree with 16 about you trying to coddle characters.

Me: I thought you might.

20: Yeah, they're all kind of mad at me. They were complaining I was downright nice, and saying that like it's a bad thing to be.

Me: I think you were a really good level of nice. The whole book can't be bad things all time.

20: That's what I told them!

Me: If nothing else, we need the crash from things seeming lovely to them being more hopeless than before in order to drive home what's at stake.

20: Yeah! Wait.

Me: And on that note, 21... I know you haven't fully come into existance yet, but I'm going to need you keep everyone from being happy too soon. The oasis of contenment was nice, but it's time to move on from it. You're the last chapter in this act and I need you to hurt everyone in this book.

21: (yawning) Yeah, sure. Pain coming right up. After coffee. First coffee, then torture.

Me: Seems like we have a plan. Let's get to work!

Comments