Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Declaration of Intent

It's weird how being told something by a complete stranger can carry more weight than being repeatedly told the exact same thing by people who care about you.

I got a letter from someone I've never met today telling me that she'd really like to see one of my shelved novels for sale. (I'd Rather Not Be Dead, the first chapter of which is here.)

I've been thinking about dragging this work out and revising it with in intention of publishing it as a present for my mother, who loves it more than anything else I've written. Possibly because the love interest in it is largely inspired by her, or possibly just because she's more into ghosts than sports. It's hard to tell.

There are a lot of projects that I feel in the middle of right now. I'm trying to finish my serial and I'm trying to write my next curling novel, which so far has been a series of false starts with little to show. But I think releasing I'd Rather Not Be Dead is something I should make a priority. And now that I've told the world this, I have to do it, right?

No comments: