Friday, July 1, 2011

Washed Up

Okay... So, responses to the snippet from yesterday were encouraging and I really enjoyed doing it. So...

I started a new blog today for posting serials. It is here: auroratalisan.blogspot.com. (Aurora Talisan was the pen name my friends and I came up with way back when. It seems appropriate.)

It's an idea I've been toying with for a while, a way to keep the fun in my writing and stop myself from hyper-focusing on creating publishable works rather than on simply telling stories. Honestly, there's just something really empowering about writing something, sharing it, and not knowing that you're going to have to revise it fifteen times in the next two years.

Washed Up (originally entitle Aentraiya or something like that) isn't the story I was pondering starting with, but now that I have thought of it, it seems really right. It was my first novel, so it's fitting that it should be my first serial. Although, maybe it already was my first serial... When I wrote the original, there was a group of people passing around my new pages as soon as I could bring them in. I hope those people don't hate any of the changes I'm going to make because I owe each and every one of them for helping make me who I am.

No comments: