Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Favorite Things

I've been busy the last few days. My local ski area had their opening weekend and I was there! My town had its first snow. All my favorite NFL teams won their most recent games. I've made several soups, from scratch and not cans. And I've made a lot of progress in NaNo. I've just had my second five thousand word day in a row. And, better yet, I've got this thing plotted right up through the end so I actually have some idea where I'm going now.

In light of all that, I didn't have time to write a full post for here. But I did have an idea rattling in my head and I'll put it up here as a Getting to Know Andy offering...

Kindly excuse me for masacuring a well-beloved song. I have no musical talent whatsoever...

My Favorite Things

Hedgehogs and kitties
and mountains and beaches.
Skiing, and football,
and good breweries...
These are a few of favorite things.

Novels and writing
and creative moments.
Playing and laughing.
My boy and his father.

Texting and Twitter
and my RSS feeds.
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the wind blows
When the rain falls
When it's night outside...
Then I'm happy and pleased as can be
for these are a few of my favorite things.

No comments: